First time user Having fun. But now im stuck!!!

So basically im making CMMS style app. 
Quick run down.
  Multiple technicians open jobs when needed.  When the user needs to be active on a job i would them to click a (working on job)Action. When this happens I wish I could store some sort of user settings. "job number" "Asset" and "date" .
Reason for this is because sometimes the user needs to navigate to a Replacement parts table and choose parts for the "current job" .
This info will get stored in another table called (Parts history)  where we can monitor stock and research back on what asset received what parts. with the info saved from the current working job it can be loaded straight to the parts history table. 

For a user to have to remember job numbers and such will get a little bit difficult. 
i will also need to reference this data(parts history) in the job history as well as the asset history. so a lot of connected tables. 

I cant find anything with user settings that could help.  Possibly a few virtual columns that's updated with a trigger?  most of the app is up and running with the exception of carrying over the data to the parts history with just a action. 
There will be multiple parts and multiple quantities as well.  

Any tips would be appreciated. 

0 4 151
4 REPLIES 4

Good read thanks.

While researching I found "data validity " 

Possibly I could use this. So when the user sets the status working on job. And then navigates to the parts view. They can now get a drop down box in a form view after clicking a action. Then they choose from which job they are working on, it would only have one choice.

Does this Sound like a good approach?

Sure, that's possible.

Consider also an approach of populating a user's row in a Users table with a reference to their current job. Then, reference that in places like slice row filters, interactive dashboard filters, or actions based on LINKTOROW or LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW.

Schau dir mal folgendes kurzes Video mit den Lösungsansatz von Beziehungen (Ref-Spalten), welche ich für meine App-Erstellungen am liebsten anwende. Ohne deine Tabellendatenstruktur zu kennen, wäre das  vielleicht ein Ansatz.

Viele-zu-Viele-Referenzen 

Top Labels in this Space