Fitness Performance Testing - Input measurements for multiple athletes in one form

Hi, 

Looking to input scores (numbers) for multiple athletes in one form. Is this possible? 

I've just started using appsheet and have started creating an app to use at my school. We carry out fitness testing throughout the year for around 200 students each time. 

I'm hoping to be able to use appsheet to build a simple method we can input fitness and performance measurements for multiple athletes. Plus view results and create reports for athletes. 

We currently use google sheets for all out data which is handy! And we currently use 4 iPads with the same google sheet open and input data as groups of athletes work their way around the tests.

We hope this will eliminate some issues we currently experience like duplicate name entries signal and google sheets not syncing), names misspelled, missing data etc.

Thanks so much in advance for any help and suggestions. 

0 8 273
8 REPLIES 8

That approach would then need 200 columns (one for each student) and it won't work if you have other people filling the same record at the same time. If you have students table, would it be easier to add a result record for each student? Then you would not make mistakes with names.

Hi, Thanks for responding. The names issue is really down to poor communication and planning and might be avoidable in future if we keep the current system. 

Based on your suggestion - we could have a separate form to collect data from each test then copy from columns and paste transposed into rows.  We'd need to have a sheet for each test within a main google sheet. But it feels like we'd not really be gaining anything way. 

A big issue we have is that our data we have on our athletes/students is across 5 spreadsheets and its full of formulas. 

We'd love to create a database then we can view and filter in various ways. We have spreadsheets about their training weekly schedule, medical considerations, fitness injuries, test results.  

The results we gather from these tests then go into a larger spreadsheet with data stretching 6 years of which we use to calculate benchmark scores, averages etc. 

Would it help if the student would be the parent record and tests etc. would be child records? Then you could have multiple tests that belongs to a student. The same with injuries, etc. Also.. could it be then possible to move your sheet formulas to app formulas? If you have a lot of calcualtions happening on gSheet, the sync needs to wait them all every time you sync the app. When the student list, you would pick up the correct student and no typing is needed.. which means no mistakes.

Thank you. 

Parent and child tables are very alien to me. I'm slowly looking into these and trying to learn. 

I understand your thought regarding the formulas. 

I have started on another project - Athlete Database. 

Parent and child relationship is not that difficult.. it's the same than Mother and Child relationship. One Child can have just one unique Mother. In your case the Athlete is the Mother, and all tests are Childs. That's why the athlete can have multiple tests etc.

Your insight is valuable. I feel I will be posting again soon with some queries on the Athlete Database app. 

Thank you

JSO
Silver 2
Silver 2

It will surely be difficult to preserve the structure they have to make an application in AppSheet and solve that specific problem.
It occurs to me that there is a table of Athletes, one of Tests and one of Test-Athlete: Score.
But you have to be in the case to see all the implications.

Thank you. Creating this might prove a little tricky. 

I have begun on our other project - Athlete Database. 

Thank you for your suggestions. 

Top Labels in this Space