Folder As Table mounted to root or to subfolder only

When creating a [Folder as Table] through which I wish to expose images contained in a shared drive, I cannot specify the root of the shared drive as the folder object to be drawn from.

Instead, I have to create a proper subfolder in the shared drive, move, copy or create shortcuts of the image files into the subfolder; and then create the [Folder as Table] as being attached to the subfolder.

The construction dialog does not enable the [SELECT] button until a subfolder is selected.

Is there a workaround to specify the root of a shared drive? (to allow images located in the shared drive itself, and not require a proper subfolder?

To be more specific, the created [Folder as Table] bears two values, SourcePath and SourceID

Using a proper subfolder, the SourcePath appears as '/subfoldername' and the SourceID appears as DocId=1VYNWb.......

I guess what I'm looking to do would bear '/' as the SourcePath and/or a different SourceID value that referred to the object identifier of the Shared Drive itself, not the subfolder contained within it. 

Thanks,

0 1 53
1 REPLY 1

Try creating a shortcut to the root folder and then maybe you can select that.

In the Drive UI, I don't see a way to create a shortcut within a Drive's hierarchy to its own root. If you need the shortcut to be in that location, maybe it's possible to do so in a different account's Drive and then move the shortcut?

Alternatively, you could try creating the shortcut via Apps Script or another method of calling the Drive API. Apparently, you can use "root" in lieu of a folder's typical ID.

Top Labels in this Space