Fonts set in Google Docs are not followed by the Task email

Hello! I’ve defined a workflow email template using Proxima Nova as the font. However, it seems that it someone reverts to Arial upon receiving it in my gmail. I’ve read that fonts in Google Docs should be supported. Do you know any reason why this became the behavior?

0 7 212
7 REPLIES 7

Ooops! I pasted the wrong screenshot, but same idea. The font is not working as expected from the template to the actual email I received.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Hi Steve,

Tried this too, but it seems everything is as expected as described in the document. However, in the actual email, it does not apply. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot further?

Both the PDF generator and the email system used by AppSheet have gone through significant evolution in the past six months or so. It’s possible (likely, even?) that those changes affected font support, and that the docs haven’t been updated accordingly. Your best bet would be to engage Support directly on this. Support can rope in the appropriate developers as needed.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

Thanks, Steve. I’ll create a support case soon.

Just a thought, my app is not yet in ‘Deployed’ state. Could that be the reason?

Nope; deployment has no affect on fonts.

So I got word from support, it seems that for email body templates setting your preferred fonts will not work. I’ll just file this as a feature request then.

Top Labels in this Space