Force deck view in Map Dashboard

I've got a dashboard with a table view and a map view. The dashboard has interactive mode turned on.

When the user selects the record in table view, it displays the detail record over the map obscuring the pin location. I have a shape file with overlays on the map that assists the user in making a decision and the detail view frustratingly gets in the way of the user's ability to make a quick decision. 

Is there a way to force the map view into deck view only so that the pin isn't obscured?

It seems that detail view vs. deck view depends on scaling. The primary user of the application is on a desktop machine so it seems that due to scaling of the browser window it always defaults to detail view. When I fidget with the zoom of the browser window, I can get it to show a deck view at a high zoom percentage and then as I zoom out it goes back to detail view.

Solved Solved
1 3 196
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Patrick!

Unfortunately, there is no way to control how that Detail view is displayed.   Mobile phones get the Deck view.  Desktops and tablets get the Detail view panel.

A couple other things that may help.

The view you are showing is with the new Desktop Mode preview turned on.  First, If you are trying to get a live app built soon, you probably do not want to have that setting turned on.  This feature is new and not available in the production environment...I think...but even so it is very buggy right now.

I do have an app with a similar sort of Dashboard.  When i run it in the normal Desktop view, it displays in the same way EXCEPT, the highlighted pin is centered within the sliver of the map that is shown.  See images below. 

If you adjust the panels within the Dashboard, you may get a better acceptable user experience.   See last image.

Normal Desktop shows selected pin centered in visible map

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 7.58.24 PM.png

Adjusting Dashboard panel sizes, if possible, may help 

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 8.03.04 PM.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If I get you, i think there is a way for it. Could u paste some prints explaining the view that you want to be showed in deck?

Not a problem, thanks for the help.

On the left is the table view and on the right is the map view in the dashboard.

Patrick_Hodgkis_0-1667510469968.png

Hey Patrick!

Unfortunately, there is no way to control how that Detail view is displayed.   Mobile phones get the Deck view.  Desktops and tablets get the Detail view panel.

A couple other things that may help.

The view you are showing is with the new Desktop Mode preview turned on.  First, If you are trying to get a live app built soon, you probably do not want to have that setting turned on.  This feature is new and not available in the production environment...I think...but even so it is very buggy right now.

I do have an app with a similar sort of Dashboard.  When i run it in the normal Desktop view, it displays in the same way EXCEPT, the highlighted pin is centered within the sliver of the map that is shown.  See images below. 

If you adjust the panels within the Dashboard, you may get a better acceptable user experience.   See last image.

Normal Desktop shows selected pin centered in visible map

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 7.58.24 PM.png

Adjusting Dashboard panel sizes, if possible, may help 

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 8.03.04 PM.png

Top Labels in this Space