Force dynamic email to become invalid after recipient provides a response

Hi,

Very excited about this dynamic email feature, but the only issue that keeps me from implementing it into production is a recipient can go change the response before the 30 day expiration of the dynamic email.

is there a way to make it invalid or prevent the recipient from changing their input after they have given it for the first time?

My main concern is a recipient will go to the wrong dynamic email and change the data or the wrong record.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance!

0 3 167
3 REPLIES 3

I haven't been able to make much use of dynamic emails yet because my forms require some unsupported functionality. However I did think about this sort of scenario and I would expect that the following could work.

1. Have a column that is automatically populated (perhaps with a timestamp) upon update

2. Set the editable if filter on the table/filter to prevent editing of rows when the timestamp column is populated

In theory this should mean that a row could be created or updated once, but not again.

appsheet_rebrand_logo.pngControlling Add, Update, and Delete

How to determine how much your app users can modify data.

Hi @graham_howe , Thanks for the reply!

Yesterday I did multiple testings and found that edit if can trigger a valid if error, but this could be because I used [_this] instead of [_THISROW_AFTER].[_THIS]

But changing the show if for the columns to not show when NOTBLANK unless in certain contexts solved the issue for me.

😄 

Try this workaround out.

First you create normal column with yes or no type, set the initial value to TRUE. Then hide.

For your column that you wish to your users to update on the dynamic email body, for the editable column, just pass this normal column [Editable].

On your bot to send the dynamic email, then add steps.

Additional step after sending email step is "Wait for a condition" Lets assume you let the user to update [Comment] Column by dynamic email. Then wait until ISNOTBLANK([Comment])

Add another step.

This time [Wait for period] step.

"000:05:00"  meaning five minutes.

Then another step further.

This step is to run action to set the value of [Editable] normal column to toggle to FALSE.

--

Once the user get dynamic email, then they update [Comment] column which is originally left null.

Once they fill in, the bot start to run futher  step again. After 5 min, the bot will make [Editable] column false, at the end, the user can not anylonger update [Comment] column.

Top Labels in this Space