Form Column Condition

I am trying to put some condition in the column having [AWB No] .

Expl

Channel          AWB COUNT

Super                   12

Smart                   15

I want that if "Super" is selected in the channel, then there should be 12 Text in the column with [awb no]. If this is the case then there should be an error show. 

Solved Solved
0 3 74
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think that maybe you're saying you have an [AWB No] column in one table that also has a [Channel] column and you want to ensure that the value in the [AWB No] column is exactly the number of characters listed in another table for each row's selected channel.

If that's correct and your table with the [AWB No] column references the table with the [Channel] and [AWB COUNT] columns, you could use the LEN function in the [AWB No] column's Valid if property to enforce the required number of characters. For example:

LEN([_THIS]) = [Channel].[AWB COUNT]

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I don't understand the logic of your procees but this can works:

in VALID IF property of AWB column put:
AND([Channel] = "Super", [_THIS] =  12)

I have made a sheet of channel and text length. With the help of that sheet, I want to put a condition in the column [awb no]. 

I think that maybe you're saying you have an [AWB No] column in one table that also has a [Channel] column and you want to ensure that the value in the [AWB No] column is exactly the number of characters listed in another table for each row's selected channel.

If that's correct and your table with the [AWB No] column references the table with the [Channel] and [AWB COUNT] columns, you could use the LEN function in the [AWB No] column's Valid if property to enforce the required number of characters. For example:

LEN([_THIS]) = [Channel].[AWB COUNT]

Top Labels in this Space