Form Description Expression

Hi Guys

I am looking for help on an expression in the Description section of [Note or Task Subject] column based on if I select "Yes" or "No" in the my [Guidelines] column while filling out the form. 
I have set the [Guidelines] column as a Enum type with "Yes" & "No" as options (See picture below)

I have input the following expression in the Decription section of my [Note or Task Subject], but it does not seem to alter the form description of the column when I busy fulling out my form. 
Can anyone help me figure what the problem could be? Is my expression incorrect.

IF(
	[Guidelines]="Yes",
  "NOTE or TASK SUBJECT:
-A short title of your Note or Task. eg: A Subject of an email. The beginning part of your note is already prefilled to make things easier for you. Just add the rest of your subject title after the colon
-Eg: Cauliflower MOONSHINE (E40W.681): Season Overview",
"NOTE or TASK SUBJECT:"

Skip2MiLu_0-1675340376697.png

Skip2MiLu_1-1675340509616.png

0 6 143
6 REPLIES 6

You don't have the check a yes/no column against a value as a condition, it already returns a boolean result. Try with just : IF( [column] , x , y )

To me the exp'n looks fine but have you forgot to close it with the ) .

Hi guys.

@Swoopy Yes I forgot to add the ) in the post, but it was added.
@Marc_Dillon I have initially tried this using a Yes/No column type. I was not able to get this to work either. 

@Steve I not sure you able to help, taking into consideration your role has change recently?

Here is a GIF if this helps.

Display IF expression.gif

โ€ƒ

My experience matches yours. It appears the Description expression is evaluated only once, when the form is first opened, and does not reevaluate in response to changes to form input. I don't use Description much at all, but this behavior is not what I expected.

I'd just suggest you do use a real YN column and just cite it as @Marc_Dillon mentioned

@Skip2MiLu Could you try by not giving an Initial Value to Guidelines?

Top Labels in this Space