Form Description Expression

Hi Guys

I am looking for help on an expression in the Description section of [Note or Task Subject] column based on if I select "Yes" or "No" in the my [Guidelines] column while filling out the form. 
I have set the [Guidelines] column as a Enum type with "Yes" & "No" as options (See picture below)

I have input the following expression in the Decription section of my [Note or Task Subject], but it does not seem to alter the form description of the column when I busy fulling out my form. 
Can anyone help me figure what the problem could be? Is my expression incorrect.

IF(
	[Guidelines]="Yes",
  "NOTE or TASK SUBJECT:
-A short title of your Note or Task. eg: A Subject of an email. The beginning part of your note is already prefilled to make things easier for you. Just add the rest of your subject title after the colon
-Eg: Cauliflower MOONSHINE (E40W.681): Season Overview",
"NOTE or TASK SUBJECT:"

Skip2MiLu_0-1675340376697.png

Skip2MiLu_1-1675340509616.png

0 6 142
6 REPLIES 6

You don't have the check a yes/no column against a value as a condition, it already returns a boolean result. Try with just : IF( [column] , x , y )

To me the exp'n looks fine but have you forgot to close it with the ) .

Hi guys.

@Swoopy Yes I forgot to add the ) in the post, but it was added.
@Marc_Dillon I have initially tried this using a Yes/No column type. I was not able to get this to work either. 

@Steve I not sure you able to help, taking into consideration your role has change recently?

Here is a GIF if this helps.

Display IF expression.gif

My experience matches yours. It appears the Description expression is evaluated only once, when the form is first opened, and does not reevaluate in response to changes to form input. I don't use Description much at all, but this behavior is not what I expected.

I'd just suggest you do use a real YN column and just cite it as @Marc_Dillon mentioned

@Skip2MiLu Could you try by not giving an Initial Value to Guidelines?

Top Labels in this Space