Form capture filter view

I am new to this and need some advice. I want to collect harvest weight data and designed a table on AppSheet. When I capture the App data I select from a list the Produce - Variant - Farm Name - Block number and then capture the harvest weight (kg). After saving the data I want to capture the next Harvest weight (kg) without having to select again Produce - Variant - Farm Name - Block number. I want to go right back to the Harvest weight (kg) to capture the next weight for the same 

Solved Solved
1 6 120
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It sounds that for the unique combination  Produce - Variant - Farm Name - Block number you wish to capture the multiple Harvest weight (kg)

So you could look at creating a parent child relationship between block number and weights and you could have "IsPartof" enabled in this parent child relationship.

References between tables - AppSheet Help

Another option to evaluate is LINKTOFORM() action with form save event and auto reopen the form.

LINKTOFORM() - AppSheet Help

Exact implementation will depend on your data schema.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Try creating an action similar to this

TeeSee1_0-1665989678990.png

Hide it

TeeSee1_2-1665989793465.png

and set it to the Form's Save Event action

TeeSee1_1-1665989726888.png

Thank you, it works. I see it keeps the weight saved from the previous entry in the field. Is it possible to have it blank so that it does not confuse the capturer?

If there is, I don't know how...

It sounds that for the unique combination  Produce - Variant - Farm Name - Block number you wish to capture the multiple Harvest weight (kg)

So you could look at creating a parent child relationship between block number and weights and you could have "IsPartof" enabled in this parent child relationship.

References between tables - AppSheet Help

Another option to evaluate is LINKTOFORM() action with form save event and auto reopen the form.

LINKTOFORM() - AppSheet Help

Exact implementation will depend on your data schema.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Japie wrote:

I see it keeps the weight saved from the previous entry in the field. Is it possible to have it blank so that it does not confuse the capturer?

This is exactly the opposite of what you asked for originally.

Sorry for confusing you. English is my second language, and I might have expressed myself incorrectly. I will not bother you any further

Top Labels in this Space