Form from sliced data, Ref field needs filtering based on text condition from another field ref set

Trying to filter just a field that is a ref from another table.  The table has only 4 rows.  I want to filter on (a field in the ref data set) status if = "Text value".  I can't do this in the slice as I don't want to reduce the rows based on this condition.  I need a drop down in the form on the list for the user to select that is reduced based on the status = "Available".  In the sliced data I am filtering the data from the table based on a date field in the table that is blank.  I can't find an option to filter a particular field in the slice.  In the form I want to use is system generated detail I want to select from the ref field based on the condition that the status(another field in the ref table) = "Available".

What is the mechanism to accomplish this?

Or do I change my approach?

0 1 42
1 REPLY 1

OK I tried creating a slice of the referenced table for the field in question.  The slice is filtered based on status.  In the form I changed the ref field to the sliced data.  I should have gotten a result of two that matched the status = "Available".  Instead I got all for.  I thought that should have worked???

Top Labels in this Space