Form spacing

Hi all! I have another question to which I canโ€™t find an answer. I am creating a form for inspections of dealer vehicles. I want this all as one form. There are, letโ€™s say, 8 systems (I only have two shown below) of a vehicle which need to be inspected. When the user presses the button for that system, the questions appear on the screen. If the user โ€œun-pressesโ€ the button, the question hide themselves. Iโ€™ve made it work, but the spaces between the systems are pretty massive. Is there a way to condense the spacing? Ideally, the system buttons would be directly below one another, as though this was an enumlist.

2X_3_38d7338e75a10bfb27b5151b57c75da81736b835.png

0 15 1,048
  • UX
15 REPLIES 15

EIG

Hi,
If you put a formula in โ€œShowโ€ it should condense the space.
For example something like this in the Show formula box for column [Water Section Question 1]:
[Water Section] = โ€œWaterโ€

Did you use the Show formula before to make it work or some other method?

the column name is โ€œsyswsโ€, and it is an enum with only 1 option (โ€œWaterโ€). I have 5 other columns that are all set with a SHOW constraint that sysws = โ€œwaterโ€ to get them to show up.

With using SHOW you still a large amount of space between questions when the sub questions are hidden?

Iโ€™m probably not using it right. If I put a โ€œshowโ€ constraint on that column, set to โ€œwaterโ€, then the column doesnโ€™t show at all because the user has to be able to click the column to show the subquestions. Itโ€™s when you click the button that it assigns the value of โ€œwaterโ€ to that column.

There should be no โ€œshowโ€ equation on the [sysws] column. It should just always show and it should have the one enum of โ€œWaterโ€. A โ€œShowโ€ formula is only needed on the subquestions.

Okay, I misunderstood your first question, my apologies. With using SHOW on my subquestions, there is still a large amount of space between the main questions. Each of these main questions is column with 1 enum. So I believe the form is separating them as such.

Is it possible to use only one EnumList instead of having 8 separate questions?

Aleksi, I started off with that, but I need for each set of questions to appear below their main question, not below the bottom of the group. More like what it would be like if you had an โ€œexpand this sectionโ€ plus button, and then a minus button would contract the section, does that make sense?

Try side-by-side view in the form

Simon@1minManager.com

The side by side view helps a little, but then everything is offset to the right, which isnโ€™t what I was looking for, but thank you!

The reason why I was thinking the EnumListโ€ฆ with that way the overall height would be as small as possible.

yes, i agree, but when i do it that way, the โ€œsub-questionsโ€ show up at the bottom of the list, and because the list of the โ€œtop-levelโ€ questions is long, you canโ€™t even tell the questions at the bottom of the list have shown up because you canโ€™t see them unless you scroll down.

Have you considered a tabbed form?

Iโ€™ve not considered that! I will look that up and see what that does!

I did try it out, and itโ€™s just not very clean looking since there are so many different sections. Itโ€™s much cleaner to have the whole form on one page and have each question/section expand and collapse based on what the user picks.

Top Labels in this Space