Form view instead of Edit view

Hello All - Is there a way to use Form view instead of Edit view? The problem that I am facing is of primary key error as Appsheet tries to enter a new record.

Thank you.

Solved Solved
0 6 375
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply @AleksiAlkio .

You are right, I also found out that there is no option to show that view with Tabs. However, I implemented it with a simple workaround, and it works well:

1) I created a new view, exactly like the Form view:

JayG_0-1703408545472.png

2) I created a new action like below and used LINKTOROW to open the newly created view with the record to be edited

JayG_1-1703408596355.png

3) Called this action to be launched from the table where records were being displayed:

JayG_2-1703408696732.png

And it works perfect and record get saved too!

JayG_3-1703408821378.png

Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Would you please  elaborate what your challenge is. If you have not added any new views, the form and edit view is the same view.

Thank you @AleksiAlkio for your reply!

My Quotation Summary [Quotation_Summary_Form (system generated)] form's page style is "Tab" like below:

JayG_0-1703400628802.png

When I enter a new record, it works perfectly:

JayG_1-1703400708762.png

But when I enter the edit mode it looks like this:

JayG_2-1703400801895.png

I want to have the Form view like Tab structure while editing the records too.

• I created a custom action which I call when a table record is clicked and I use LINKtoView and use Form view for editing the record. But when I click on save, Appsheet tries to enter a new record and gives me primary key error. Hence I asked this question if there is workaround to get over this?  

I am using Desktop mode for my app.

Thank you!

The view you are showing is not an "Edit view", it's a detail view and if I remember, there is no option to show that view with tabs. It is only meant for the form view.

Thanks for your reply @AleksiAlkio .

You are right, I also found out that there is no option to show that view with Tabs. However, I implemented it with a simple workaround, and it works well:

1) I created a new view, exactly like the Form view:

JayG_0-1703408545472.png

2) I created a new action like below and used LINKTOROW to open the newly created view with the record to be edited

JayG_1-1703408596355.png

3) Called this action to be launched from the table where records were being displayed:

JayG_2-1703408696732.png

And it works perfect and record get saved too!

JayG_3-1703408821378.png

Thanks.

Good that you where able to solve this!

Also in Edit action itself, there is option "edit in place/open a form". By selecting "open a form" just makes it work as expected.

Re: Desktop changes coming to Preview Program - Page 3 - Google Cloud Community

Top Labels in this Space