Form with both add/edit functionality

Hello, first time Appsheet-creator here! I’ve been looking through some of the topics here for a couple days and followed some sample apps but haven’t found exactly what I’m looking for, I’m hoping someone here could help!

Setup:
I have one form split up into multiple pages that takes in basic user information (name, date of birth, etc.), additional information, and a number of attachments. However, in the event that a user has more attachments to submit, I would like to allow them to enter in their basic information in the same form, and have that look up their submission and skip straight to the attachments page to submit their attachments.

The Issue:
I’d like the user to be able to choose if they want to submit a new record/edit an existing record within the form. As in, a button in the beginning that would let them choose, or something similar. Does such functionality exist in Appsheet? Furthermore, that choice would determine whether the next page (basic information) would filter and find their submission and skip straight to the attachments section or not.

An idea I had was to split up the form itself into several different views (add/edit, basic info, additional info, attachments), and then have them link to the other. However, I think conceptually it would make more sense to have it all as one form, and be able to edit the behavior as needed.

I’d love to get anyone’s thought on the best way to proceed!

Also, if you have any links to any samples that would fit what I’m looking for please let me know! Here some of the main ones that I’ve been referencing:
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/How-to-add-multiple-photos-to-a-single-row?appGuidString=cad8926b-4...
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Demo-of-multipage-forms-using-showtype-columns?appGuidString=5e9222...

0 2 199
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

Well just as a side observation since you referenced the multi page forms sample.

I found out just today that you can use the show type columns as a virtual column instead of needing a blank column in your underlying spreadsheet. Not that the blank column would have worked for me since I use a SQL database.

That’s actually something that’s been bothering me a lot the past couple days, I didn’t know that. Thank you!!

Top Labels in this Space