Format Suggested Values List to UPPERCASE

How do I go about converting a list to UPPERCASE in my suggested values expression? The expression produces a list, and it seems the UPPER() expression wants text. I get errors when trying various combinations of UPPER() and TEXT() nested a few different ways, which would suggest I am doing something wrong.

The original expression is:

SORT(Reason for Call[Reason for Call])

This particular column gives suggested values and also allows the user to add new values. I want to ensure that all values end up displaying in uppercase.

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 5 181
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
SORT(
  SPLIT(
    UPPER(CONCATENATE(Reason for Call[Reason for Call])),
    " , "
  )
)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Try

1. Create a VC in Reason for Call with the expression UPPER([Reason for Call]) and set this as label.

2. Continue to use SORT(Reason for Call[Reason for Call]) as the expression of Suggested Values.

This assumes your col is of type ref and [Reason for Call] is the key of the table Reason for Call.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
SORT(
  SPLIT(
    UPPER(CONCATENATE(Reason for Call[Reason for Call])),
    " , "
  )
)

To make sure i understand, this splits the list into individual text items, converts them into upper case, then puts them back into a list?

CONCATENATE(Reason for Call[Reason for Call]) converts the list to text; UPPER(...) converts the text to uppercase; SPLIT(...) splits text back into a list.

BRILLIANT!!!

Top Labels in this Space