Format rule bugged on simple use case?

Hello friends, I was setting up some simple format rules for a view in a dashboard, and I can't get it to work how it should, there are 4 format rules: 

[deliveryStatus] and [paymentStatus] are virtual columns.

[deliveryStatus]="Pendiente" which means "Pending", show red box icon (Format rule 1)
[deliveryStatus]="Entregado" which means "Delivered" show green box icon (Format rule 2)

[paymentStatus]="Pendiente" which means "Pending", show red dollar icon (Format rule 3)
[paymentStatus]="Pagado" which means "Paid", show green dollar icon (Format rule 4)

Just look at it, how can this not work?

Rafael_ANEICPY_0-1649108038208.png

For example, here you can see three rows and their values in those two columns:

Rafael_ANEICPY_1-1649108299599.png[paymentStatus]="Pagado"[deliveryStatus]="Pendiente"
Rafael_ANEICPY_2-1649108308765.png[paymentStatus]="Pagado"[deliveryStatus]="Pendiente"
Rafael_ANEICPY_3-1649108318214.png[paymentStatus]="Pendiente"[deliveryStatus]="Entregado"

And just in case I messed up and my brain is blocked, which happens, here are the screenshots of each individual format rule configuration:

Solved Solved
0 3 107
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can format a single column with multiple icons, but only a single highlight color can take affect on that single column at a time. That highlight color applies to all icons on that column. Move your last 2 format rules to an adjacent column and they should show the colors how you're wanting.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I believe this is expected, here is an extract from the documentation.

The rules are processed in order from the first to the last. If two matching rules conflict in their formatting information, the last rule takes precedence. So for example, if Rule 1 matches and sets the Text Size to 1.5 and Rule 2 also matches and sets the Text Size to 2.5, the final Text Size will be 2.5.

In the case of icons, the rules are additive. So if Rule 1 matches and assigns an icon and Rule 2 also matches and assigns an icon, both icons are shown for the data.

I added the emphasis, but essentially your second colour setting is taking precedence but both icons are shown.

You can format a single column with multiple icons, but only a single highlight color can take affect on that single column at a time. That highlight color applies to all icons on that column. Move your last 2 format rules to an adjacent column and they should show the colors how you're wanting.

Thank you guys

Rafael_ANEICPY_0-1649161888940.png

It would be quite helpful if we could add what @Marc_Dillon posted to the documentation, I didn't see that one coming.

Top Labels in this Space