Format rule condition

i am trying to show a format rule only in a certain view. but this condition doesn't work

AND([VISITA MEDICA]<TODAY(),[ARCHIVIATO]="NO",CONTEXT("View")="SCADENZA VISITE MEDICHE")

is the third condition that doesn't work

0 8 162
8 REPLIES 8

There is nothing wrong syntactically with the 3rd condition...as long as:

1)  The spelling of the view name is correct.

2)  You are using the actual view name and not the Display name of the view.

3)  You are accessing that view directly - not as part of a Dashboard nor as a child view in a Parent/Child pair.

Is a part of dashboard. Can i resolve It?

Is a part of dashboard. Can i resolve It?

If that data is NOT used in any other part of the Dashboard, then simply specify the name of that Dashboard instead. 

If it is used in that same Dashboard elsewhere AND you only want one place to be highlighted, then you will need to find another way of identifying which usage needs the format rule applied.  This may mean creating a data column simply to help decide when to apply the format rule.

so if the format rules are associated for example in 3 views always to the same column, should I create a virtual column for each view?

is it possible to insert more than one icon as a format rule?

If it were me and I had 3 views showing at the same time with the same column and I was insistent that the column be highlighted in one of those views but not in the others,  I would create a copy of the column as a normal column - not a virtual column.  Both are set in exactly the same way.  Then you can choose if the view shows the highlighted column or the unhighlighted column.

You cannot have more than one icon per Format Rule but you can have multiple Format Rules which will apply multiple highlight icons to the data or action being highlighted.

thanks for the first question.

For the second, if I try to apply more format rule to the same column, only one icon will be shown, I can't even understand what the priorities are

my mistake, it works

Top Labels in this Space