Format rule- hide column name?

Are we able to hide certain column names? 

for example, I just want to "select" these buttons without seeing "Cable" "Surge or Jarm" or "Milage"

(drop down choices attached to google sheets)

Can we hide the column names from view.png

Solved Solved
0 4 60
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solution 1:

HI @electronicsnb I have an idea. Write the name --> " " (a space delimited by two quotation marks) in the Display Name property.

This will make the visible name of the column a space (considered as text) and therefore you will only see that in the form, for the desired column.

Solution 2:

If you want the column to only have the hidden name in the form, you could use the expression:

IF(

CONTEXT("ViewType") = "Form",

" ",

"Cable"

)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Solution 1:

HI @electronicsnb I have an idea. Write the name --> " " (a space delimited by two quotation marks) in the Display Name property.

This will make the visible name of the column a space (considered as text) and therefore you will only see that in the form, for the desired column.

Solution 2:

If you want the column to only have the hidden name in the form, you could use the expression:

IF(

CONTEXT("ViewType") = "Form",

" ",

"Cable"

)

I need the headings for other things, but your space idea was great. Now the second step I am wondering is it possible to make the spacing closer together between cable-surge-milage

Can we hide the column names from view yes but.png

I think the last part might not be feasible since AppSheet's UX isn't as advanced. There isn't something like "Line Spacing" in the form view settings (currently). But you could explore in Settings, Views, and then ViewType Options.

Thanks for the comment. The app is made for an old guy and his 2 employees, so he needs glasses..i played with the text formatting abit and got something he liked so its okay.

Can we hide the column names from view formatted.png

Top Labels in this Space