Format rules view specific

Hi everyone,

thanks in advance for your support.

I created a format rule on a table that checks  a specific column's value (time dependent), its purpose is to color in red expired entries. The problem I'm facing is that this rule acts on the form too: in specific I have the first field of the form that is Brand, type enum with suggested values taken from another table. when I dropdown the field, all the shown brands are red even if related form table is empty.

Am I missing something?

Solved Solved
0 2 234
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Yes, you can specify that a Format Rule only show on specific view types and even specific views.  to do that you would use the CONTEXT() function.  Examples are:

CONTEXT("ViewType") = "Table"
CONTEXT("View") = "MyAwesomeTableView"

In your format rule, if you have no criteria already listed then you would use the expressions shown above.  Otherwise, you will need to AND() the a oe with your existing criteria like this:

AND(
CONTEXT("ViewType") = "Table",
<your existing criteria in the format rule>

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Yes, you can specify that a Format Rule only show on specific view types and even specific views.  to do that you would use the CONTEXT() function.  Examples are:

CONTEXT("ViewType") = "Table"
CONTEXT("View") = "MyAwesomeTableView"

In your format rule, if you have no criteria already listed then you would use the expressions shown above.  Otherwise, you will need to AND() the a oe with your existing criteria like this:

AND(
CONTEXT("ViewType") = "Table",
<your existing criteria in the format rule>

tnks much @Former Community Member 

Top Labels in this Space