Format rules

Hello lads
I have a sheet where I keep the course deadlines with 2 dates in the "Training date" column and the "ExparingDate" column. With a formula provided by the forum, I insert the date of the course taken in the "training date" column and it automatically populates the Exparing Date column) which tells me when the course will expire. How can I color the date in the exparing date red, orange 3 months before the expiry and green if the course is still valid? Example
Exparing date  27/04/2024 = green
27/01/2024 =orange
27/04/2024 =Red
That is, today's date
Thank you

Solved Solved
0 2 66
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi!  

First of all, please don't use the textbox unnecessarily.  It makes your posts harder to read:

Hello lads
I have a sheet where I keep the course deadlines with 2 dates in the "Training date" column and the "ExparingDate" column. With a formula provided by the forum, I insert the date of the course taken in the "training date" column and it automatically populates the Exparing Date column) which tells me when the course will expire. How can I color the date in the exparing date red, orange 3 months before the expiry and green if the course is still valid? Example
Exparing date 27/04/2024 = green
27/01/2024 =orange
27/04/2024 =Red

I would make a virtual column to calculate the appropriate color.  The following tip of mine might help:

Put format rule conditions in virtual columns
https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Put-format-rule-conditions-in-virtual-columns/m-...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi!  

First of all, please don't use the textbox unnecessarily.  It makes your posts harder to read:

Hello lads
Exparing date 27/04/2024 = green
27/01/2024 =orange
27/04/2024 =Red

I would make a virtual column to calculate the appropriate color.  The following tip of mine might help:

Put format rule conditions in virtual columns
https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Put-format-rule-conditions-in-virtual-columns/m-...

Hello sorry!!

Thanks a lot

Top Labels in this Space