Formatting Virtual Tables?

Can virtual column be formatted using a Format Rule just like a regular column?
If so, I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong here - I’m pretty sure I’ve got the ‘math’ right in the ‘if this condition is true’ formula…

Please see attached image…

Any help would be appreciated!

Solved Solved
0 2 621
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Tim_Martin
Basically for the format rules to appear correctly, the app needs to by synced to calculate the conditional expression. Therefore as the Form View fields will not be calculated till you save the form, it’s not possible to view the formatting rules in a Form View. However, on the contrary, provided you have an Enum or Enumlist items that you have formatted earlier, when the form is loaded they will appear as formatted as the app is synced and their conditional expressions are evaluated. To get what you want you can use Show Type/Text Qualifier VC, your formatting appears in the Form.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Tim_Martin
Basically for the format rules to appear correctly, the app needs to by synced to calculate the conditional expression. Therefore as the Form View fields will not be calculated till you save the form, it’s not possible to view the formatting rules in a Form View. However, on the contrary, provided you have an Enum or Enumlist items that you have formatted earlier, when the form is loaded they will appear as formatted as the app is synced and their conditional expressions are evaluated. To get what you want you can use Show Type/Text Qualifier VC, your formatting appears in the Form.

ahh…that’s right @LeventK. I forgot that rules only show in the detail views or as an enum/enumlist.

thanks!

Top Labels in this Space