Formatting & Split View

@lizlynch Is this normal behaviour when using Split View on Detail view type.

Formatting works on deck view but as soon as split view occurs it dissapears. I have tried Context("View") = "my view name" and Context("ViewType") <> "Detail" with no success.

Group Formatting good

IMG_20240405_135356_edit_43168376767371.jpg

Group formatting gone with Split view. 

IMG_20240405_135433_edit_43245233243921.jpg

Solved Solved
0 3 86
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Welcome. What you say about having another column is the only way you'd do it, at least that I know of. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

It is not a split view. When you open a details view, this will be your active view where format rules will apply, not the table view. 

To conserve formatting on the table view while a detail view is open, include the detail view name in your formatting rule.

@Joseph_Seddik Thanks for reply..

I am using the same field in deck view and detail view. However do not want the detail view to have the formatting applied to that field. 

To have it show formatting only on that field used in deck view and not on the field in  detail view, you suggesting I need use to Context("View") <> "DetailView_name"

I know I can make another VC and use that field for grouping with formatting there and it won't affect the other views but I found it strange it worked this way.

Thank you... 

Welcome. What you say about having another column is the only way you'd do it, at least that I know of. 

Top Labels in this Space