Formatting the date field : Please guide!

I have a table by the name of service availed. 2 fields in the table which I want to focus on are, Check-in date & Check-out date. Both are date time fields.

I have created a virtual column in the same table by the name of Check_In & Check_Out with the below formula: DATE(TEXT([Check-In Date],"dd/mmm/yy"))

I want my date to be displayed as : 23/Mar/2024

But right now even after using the formula it is being displayed as 3/25/2024

Aditya_K1999_0-1711442427980.png

Solved Solved
0 5 94
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For the display also to be decent I have changed the format into "long date format"

I realized this formula was never working. The only difference in my previous apps and this app was the long date format.

Thank you Suvrutt!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

How about using just 

TEXT([Check-In Date],"dd/mmm/yy")

and leaving the field just as a text type field instead of date type field if you using it just for display purpose.

If I keep it as text & when I am sorting that view it is sorting based on alphabetically rather than the date wise sort.

Yes , with only text that issue of alphabetical sorting will be there whereas in expressions Appsheet computes dates in US locale.

I believe, you may need to choose one of the two above- better display or bettet sorting. 

In my previous app the same situation the formula worked actually. I am not sure why in this case it is not working.

For the display also to be decent I have changed the format into "long date format"

I realized this formula was never working. The only difference in my previous apps and this app was the long date format.

Thank you Suvrutt!

Top Labels in this Space