Formatting the result of a SELECT

Hello!

I have the following case.

I have a column with a list of dates, let's say it exists in column Visit[assigned_date]

I'm trying to build a Enum that shows a unique list of dates formatted with month and year: "mm/yyyy"

In that line I tried the following:

SELECT(TEXT(DATE(Visit[assigned_date])),([customer_id] = [_THISROW].[customer_id]),TRUE)),"MMM")

but it didn't work.

Is it possible to format the output of a SELECT function? or should I break this down into two different columns?

0 5 143
5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This isn't SQL, you can't modify the output within the SELECT() statement itself. Try TEXT(DATE(SELECT(...))).

Thanks Steve!
I tried this approach as well but it didn't work as I expected. I followed a different approach.

Add another column to the Visit table with a TEXT([assigned_date], "MM/YYYY") and then change your Select() with the new column.

SELECT(TEXT(DATE... makes no sense.

SELECT() - AppSheet Help

Yup! I went with this approach after posting the question.
What makes or doesn't make sense is what we are trying to figure out with what we have at hand:)

What makes or doesn't make sense is what we are trying to figure out with what we have at hand:)

I guess so. I'm the kind of person that reads manuals so I "figure out" is kinda out of my mind. But we all make mistakes

Top Labels in this Space