Friend Requests... Are they possible on AppSheet?

I am trying to find a way for a User1 to ask User2 to see their data. I also want another option where User2 can allow User1 to see their data. It's pretty much a friend request. How do I do that?

7 REPLIES 7

One way you could go about this would be to create a join table, connecting the users together.

• Then you could modify your security filters (or whatever you're using to limit what people see) to include a list of "friend user IDs" and show their data too.

https://www.appsheet.com/templates/JOIN-TABLE-Method-for-implementing-ManytoMany-References?appGuidS...

I will try this and get back to you! ๐Ÿ™‚

This is basically a question where you will go as far as your ingenuity can get you

@SkrOYC wrote:

This is basically a question where you will go as far as your ingenuity can get you

(^_^) so true!

I'm actually have some trouble reading the data. Which two data tables are being compared and what do I need to look out for in order to replicate this concept into my app?

Also, if you know of any resources that explain this more, that would be great.

SIDE NOTE: Do I have to create the view for User1 to see User2's info and vice versa OR can the Users do that on their own?

Top Labels in this Space