From searching bar, search data in Master and Child table

I have a master table “Order”, and child table “Products” they are related so I can view/add products to specific order.

What I want to be able is to search a product using the searching bar and from the “Orders” view, I would like to see all the Orders with the product I searched.

Solved Solved
0 3 421
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I m not entirely sure if or not this is what you need, but on your order table, add virtual column with list type, and get the name of products under this parent using [Related Childs][Name Of Product] expression. This will list up the name of product per order with comma seperated values. And then make this field searchable.

Not tested, but should work.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I m not entirely sure if or not this is what you need, but on your order table, add virtual column with list type, and get the name of products under this parent using [Related Childs][Name Of Product] expression. This will list up the name of product per order with comma seperated values. And then make this field searchable.

Not tested, but should work.

Hey, @tsuji_koichi

Yep, it’s exactly what I did and works fine, in case I would like to search for any column in the child records, what I did is concatenate all child’s columns into a single virtual column, and then I call it from the master, Done, that’s it.

I just wanted to know if there was some pre-configured option in AppSheet since the 2 tables are related.

Thanks for the comments, sir!

Here is a conclusion about Search and Filter limitations in AppSheet:

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Search-and-Filter-limitations/td-p/430355

Top Labels in this Space