Gallery View Items doesn't autosize to font size in Format Rule

I made a format rule with font size = 3 for a column, but then the text doesn't fit into the gallery view items. They are not autosizing to the font. Is there a way to fix that?

ใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆ 2022-08-28 10.14.58.png

0 8 165
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

It sounds you are using image size of tiny in gallery view setting. With a format rule with a font size of 3 , the tiny image size may not properly display the text.

you may want to set the image size as small or medium in the gallery view setting. 

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1661675693238.png

Already tried, doesn't work.
The content of the column is Japanese text btw, not a picture.

ใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆ 2022-08-28 10.39.12.png

May I know which type is this view in the screenshot? 

Galleryใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆ 2022-08-29 9.33.36.png

Thank you. As requested , did you try setting the image size to small or medium in the gallery view.  You could also try reducing the font size in the format rule.

But I want the font to be big.
I already tried all image size options.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This looks like a bug. I've escalated this issue internally.

AppSheet is mainly app configuration and especially on UX side, there are a few limitations. So we may not get exactly what combination we want, the way we can have with a coded app.

My testing showed that currently one may not have font size more than 1.5 and even smaller font size than 1.5  for tiny image sizes in gallery view.

@Steve has anyway escalated it to the development team. You may want to adjust the font till we hear from the development team.

Top Labels in this Space