Gday all. I am creating a report and need so...

Gday all.

I am creating a report and need some help.

I am setting this up to run for several locations. Eg. Location A, B, C etc.

I need a separate report sent for each location.

I know I can do a report for each row but this wont work as I need several rows to go on each report.

It is important that each location has its own report.

How do I do this?

0 15 497
15 REPLIES 15

Do you mean thisโ€ฆ you want to use one workflow rule and if the data belongs to location A, it should send it only to location A?

Hi Aleksi. Yeah that would be perfect

It does and it is

When itโ€™s a ref field and you have added email column to your locations table, you can read the correct email address with the deref expression as wellโ€ฆ like [Location].[Email].

I think I am still a little confused and I will do my best to explain my confusion.

Table A contains all of the reports from all of the different locations. Table B is a table that contains the locations and will shortly contain the email for each location.

I need to send a report that will go through table A. Filter the reports in Table A so that Club A will get a report with only Club As reports. Club B will get a report with only club Bs information.

The bit I am having trouble understanding is when I create the report how to I have Table A filtered based on who the report is being sent to. E.g if Club B is getting sent a report how does Table A filter and only send Club Bโ€™s information.

When you sayโ€ฆ โ€œcreate a reportโ€, are you sending only one record or multi records?

Multiple records. One for each location. But only want to send each location a report with their information

You could use SWITCH expression for this purposeโ€ฆ

SWITCH([Location], โ€œAโ€,โ€œemailA@mail.coomโ€, โ€œBโ€,"emailB@mail.com", โ€œCโ€,"emailC@mail.com", "emailD@mail.com")

Anyway to do it without so it just checks for all if the different emails that are recorded? Just thinking the amount of locations is large and will continue to grow. Would like to not have to change it again in the future

IF you have a table where you can read the email, you could do it like LOOKUP([_THISROW].[Location],Locations,Location,Email)

Ok Iโ€™ll try that and see how I go.

Hi Aleksi, how do i ensure that the information that is being sent is relevant to each location

Do you have a table for locations? If yes, does it contain email address for every location?

I do. It doesnโ€™t store the emails but I can change that pretty easily.

And does your record contain a location? Is it a ref field in that table?

Top Labels in this Space