Generating form based on EnumList entry from another form

I want to create a form in Appsheet where I select from an EnumList a number of options. For example, I select: "Column 1", "Column 2", and "Column 3". Then when I select save, from my selections Appsheet will then show me another form where the columns from that form's connected table that are equal (in name) to each selection within the Enumlist in the original form are displayed. So in this example, only columns named "Column 1", "Column 2", and "Column 3" are displayed in the form. Is this possible to do on Appsheet?

Solved Solved
0 3 295
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1) Create a table (ie Column Filter) with id (you can store user email so multiple user can use this form simultaneously)  and a text type enumlist with values "column1", "column2", "column3".

2) In the columns of the target table, set the following expression for each of the columns replacing "columnX" with an appropriate text

IN("columnX", Column Filter[enumlist col])

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Do you have to have two separate forms?

In one form you can let users select values in an enumlist column and use show if to control which columns are displayed.

Yes two forms - the first form to select columns to be displayed in the second form.

I can achieve this with an EnumList? What would the Showif formula for each column in the second form look like? Or would I create an action to control what columns are displayed when I submit the first form?

1) Create a table (ie Column Filter) with id (you can store user email so multiple user can use this form simultaneously)  and a text type enumlist with values "column1", "column2", "column3".

2) In the columns of the target table, set the following expression for each of the columns replacing "columnX" with an appropriate text

IN("columnX", Column Filter[enumlist col])

Top Labels in this Space