Get 2 column values of specific row from another table using valid_if

I have 2 enumlist columns that I am getting values from another table (using valid_if: https://community.appsheet.com/t/populating-enumlist-values-from-a-ref-table/34281 ). Table receiving data:

3X_f_8_f8e0b05cb8e6cea69113f55c3b3961407474340c.png

Other table where I am getting the data:

3X_1_a_1a2b6994e5e46f3e3b0ed68c7943686a4b0ba865.png

I am now trying to connect the ‘band’ and ‘Phone’ columns so that if I pick a specific instrument, the appropriate Phone is auto selected.

3X_0_2_0208c83ca701e965b73aee86bbf41b54b444a80a.png

I believe I need to use a List addition formula in the Phone formula of the main table to do this: Auto compute column based on enumlist column selection in form but when I enter any formula into the phone column just disappears from the form view. I have tried variations of
TEXT( LIST()
+ IFS(IN(guys[band], [band]), {"guys[Phone]"}) ) but I’m obviously using the functions incorrectly.

Solved Solved
0 1 231
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please try in the table where you have those enumlist columns. In Phone column’s app formula of that table

SELECT(Other Lookup Table[Phone], IN( [band], [_THISROW].[band]))

Edit: Even though the phones will be populated per selection of bands, I believe the phones list will appear as a simple list rather than in the form of buttons as you have shown.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Please try in the table where you have those enumlist columns. In Phone column’s app formula of that table

SELECT(Other Lookup Table[Phone], IN( [band], [_THISROW].[band]))

Edit: Even though the phones will be populated per selection of bands, I believe the phones list will appear as a simple list rather than in the form of buttons as you have shown.

Top Labels in this Space