Get a value in App 1 from App 2 without adding the table in App 1

Is that possible to get a value from the table from another app. Let say App 1 has table A, then I want to get the values from table A and use it in App 2 without adding the table A into App 2?

0 8 170
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the community!

Yes, if you don't want table A in app2, you can have a table C shared between the two apps with just the required values to be shared.

Otherwise, you can overkill it and exchange data with APIs or Webhooks.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The short answer is no, there is no way to (easily) get a value from a table in another app if that same table is not also connected to this app.

In my case, I have a few apps that need the user data. Now I need to add User table into every app. This is a bit waste of time to add the table for every app. Is there any alternative to achieve this?

You can surely have a single User table shared between your different apps. 

Yes sure It is possible to do that. But you have to add the table into every app. My concern is If we just add the User table to the main app. The rest of the app can fetch the data of the user from the User table in the main app.

If this can be done it will save a lot of time to setup the table for every app such as Validation and e.t.c.

You can create a template for your apps and duplicate it later on

If the table is read-only, there's no reason to add validation, etc.

Top Labels in this Space