Getting Grandchild Data in Print PDF

Hi All,

I am currently creating an automation to "create new file" (generate pdf). I have 3 tables: Parent (Purchase Order), Child: (Order Detail), Grandchild (Cylinder Details). When i am creating this automation using the parent table, by default it gives me the parent and child. However, i need the grandchild data also. I have tried using the below syntax in the automation file but it doesn't work. The child key is referenced to parent and the grandchild is referenced to child. Please help me.

Syntax that didnt work

Purchase Order
Order ID: <<[Order ID]>>
Customer Name: <<[Customer Name]>>
Customer address: <<[Customer address]>>

<<Start: [Related OrderDetails]>>
Order Detail
Job ID: <<[Job ID]>>
Gas Type: <<[Gas Type]>>
Volume Type: <<[Volume Type]>>

<<Start: [Related CylinderDetails]>>
Cylinder Detail
Unique ID: <<[Unique ID]>>
QR code: <<[QR code]>>
<<End>> 

<<End>> 

Solved Solved
0 6 166
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

<<Start:select(GrandChild[id], [RefParent]=[_THISROW-1].[id])>>

@MultiTech Nice video ๐Ÿ˜‰

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello, 

I'm not expert, just newbie ^^. 

I just used template in my app and use syntaxt start with select(). By reading your post, i learn a more simple syntax. thx for it.

When i wrote my template for create an excel sheet, i had some errors then file was not generate. For debug my template i wrote it in the send an email function because you have a button  "preview email". Maybe with it you will see your error

Hi,

But the syntax i used in the template is wrong. Im still not able to generate the grandchild data in my pdf. Can i know how did u use the select() in the template to generate yr grandchild data from the parent table?

Try this!

Thank you! im currently processing how to get the idea based on this video. However can you or anyone help me check why my syntax is wrong?

My pdf is based on the parent file. 

Right now i have 3 different tables:

Purchase Order (parent): Order Id is the key

Order Detail (child): Job Id is the key. this is referenced to the Purchase Order (parent) based on the Order Id

Cylinder Detail (grandchild): Unique Id is the key. this is referenced to the Order Detail (Child) based on the Job Id.

Im just wondering why im not able to get the grandchild data in my pdf that is based on my parent data using this syntax:

Purchase Order
Order ID: <<[Order ID]>>
Customer Name: <<[Customer Name]>>
Customer address: <<[Customer address]>>

<<Start: [Related OrderDetails]>>
Order Detail
Job ID: <<[Job ID]>>
Gas Type: <<[Gas Type]>>
Volume Type: <<[Volume Type]>>

<<Start: [Related CylinderDetails]>>
Cylinder Detail
Unique ID: <<[Unique ID]>>