Getting back into AppSheet - best new features I might have missed?

I started using AppSheet 8 years ago, but haven't really expanded my skills over the last few years. It seems there are quite a few significant updates, but I'm not sure where to begin. 

What AppSheet features have been the biggest game changer for you over the last few years?

1 10 218
10 REPLIES 10

Fundamentals of AppSheet remain same

couple of updates in Desktop UI, Automation Bots and I am not sure much about GAME CHANGING Updates other than these. 

I've never really built for the Desktop UI and was always a bit disappointed in it. I'll have to revisit it

INPUT() and reference actions.

and BOTS

Never used it but will look into this. Thanks Marc!

Appscript Tasks!

Thanks! 

Some more new features/ functions introduced in last 4-5 years are-

Since 2019 or so CONTEXT() function has been added that allows columns,  actions etc.  to be  conditionally shown/ hidden. There are a few other  uses of CONTEXT() function. Please take a look at its help article.

TEXT() functions allow manipulation of date /time data in various formats.

There are a bunch of EXTRACT() functions that allow extraction of text strings. SUBSTITUE() and SPLIT() were also added a few years ago. 

Then there are card (summary type) views.

One can filter records from search bar on summary views. 

Quick edits are allowed in table views too. 

A few of above are officially in beta ir preview stages for a few years. However some of these get used fairly commonly. Please use them at your own discretion. 

A simple/less obvious one but.. being able to rearrange columns in forms happened sometime in 2020. Prior to this you needed to either reorder the database or use a slice.

Top Labels in this Space