Getting calculated virtual fields to update data in table periodically

Hello! Have a little issue that I cannot seem to figure out. I have a table with some records of employee wage calculations. These take aspects like cost of living increases, years with the company, etc and combine them into a final wage. Everything works fine with the virtual fields that calculate these items upon entry. But the final wages (which calculate partially off the years with the company which is figured by today's date versus their hire date) don't update unless you go in and edit a record. Upon editing a record and saving, the virtual fields calculate. My question is, how do I get these records to do this periodically, like daily, so I don't have to manually edit a record to get the calcs to take place. Thanks very much in advance!

0 4 116
4 REPLIES 4

U need to create a bot in automation doing the schedule action in your data. You must have a paid plan for it

I have paid plan, so thats no issue. Problem is what do I edit and what bot structure? I was thinking that I could have the app open each record in form view, but then I don't see the action to save it, and move to the next record. I cannot go straight to a data action, I don't think, because the calcs are virtual columns so the edits table side will not trigger any formulas. Thoughts?

I don't know if i am going in the right way but, to update the real columns u will need an edit action.

it could be a silly update in data change like: ID = uniqueid()) set it a bot that set row values schedulled every day

What do you mean by virtual fields?

Top Labels in this Space