Getting error implementing Security Filter for Salesforce data.

Hello everyone,

I am having issues trying to implement security filters for an app connected to Salesforce data source. The tables are massive and to make it simple, there is one table ACCOUNTS and one table OPPORTUNITY, I am filtering the opportunities using Security Filters of date type ([date]>(TODAY()-90)), to get the most recent ones (last 90 days), which improved a lot the sync time, the issue is that the table ACCOUNTS is still huge and is the current bottleneck when syncing, I would like to filter Accounts based on the Opportunities that I am already filtering, for that I am using an IN() statement as per other examples and previous uses in other apps with GSheet as the data source, but I am receiving the following error message:

Unable to fetch app definition. Error:Error: Data table 'Account' is not accessible due to: There has been invalid field in your request: [{"message":"\nConvert_Account_To_Admin__c FROM Account WHERE \n ^\nERROR at Row:1:Column:1389\nunexpected token: '<EOF>'","errorCode":"MALFORMED_QUERY"}]./nError: Data table 'Account' is not accessible due to: There has been invalid field in your request: [{"message":"\nConvert_Account_To_Admin__c FROM Account WHERE \n ^\nERROR at Row:1:Column:1389\nunexpected token: '<EOF>'","errorCode":"MALFORMED_QUERY"}]./n

I presume that Salesforce is trying to transform the IN() formula in a query and found some kind of issue, I tried also with CONTAINS() and with IN() comparing some column on the client table with an arbitrary list to make it simple, but still get the error.

I also tried my approach for filtering with Google Sheet and there it worked, is there a way to filter the ACCOUNTS table based on the OPPORTUNITY table that I already filtered?

My filtering formulas:

For Opportunities (working if used by itself)

JA003_1-1646535376824.png

For Accounts, the one that causes the error

JA003_0-1646535348680.png

The error message

JA003_2-1646535711100.png

I would highly appreciate your help and comments on this issue, not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this is a limitation when implementing security filters with Salesforce as the data source, has anyone implemented IN() statements as a security filter in Salesforce before successfully? Thanks in advance for any help!

Best regards!

0 3 371
3 REPLIES 3

@Steve can you take a look at this? Thanks in advance!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Steve, thanks for your reply, I contacted support since Monday but still don't get a solution.

Top Labels in this Space