Getting security filter violations suddenly

Hi all, 

All of a sudden my users are getting security filter violation errors when updating records. 

I'm using a login screen for current users to login (filtered into a current user slice as demonstrated by @MultiTech

I made no changes to my filters and my security filters have been working for the past year,

but suddenly now my users are unable to update their apps. Anyone else experiencing the same problem and found a fix? 

IMG-20221105-WA0009.jpg

โ€ƒ

โ€ƒ@kgooch  @dbaum @WillowMobileSys 

2 75 3,252
75 REPLIES 75

No errors on my side....

Perhaps what happened was:

• You had a formula that was "loose" in its syntax
      - Meaning, something wasn't exactly as it should be - but the system wasn't catching it and letting it slide
  • AppSheet pushed an update
      - Inside this update, they tightened down whatever loose-end you were making use of
  • And now your previous functionality doesn't work

Since there wasn't any change on your side, logically the issue must be coming from the other side.  

This is a common thing that happens to me ALL THE TIME!

Managed to solve? I have the same problem.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I believe this is a recent enhancement to AppSheet. My guess is that security filters are now enforced in both directions, meaning you can't change rows that would not be allowed through a security filter, but that's just a guess. Please contact AppSheet Support for help with this.

@lizlynch, was this enhancement included in the release notes? I don't recall seeing it.

Hello,  @Muhammad_Salooj , @MultiTech , @VanBatalha This is Sai from AppSheet Engineering team. Can you please share your account IDs. We are looking into fixing the feature but want to make sure we don't break your existing state again. 

Thanks,

- Sai 

Is anyone having this issue today? We have it all of a sudden on account 831877.

@Wallace_Service : You should not be seeing them now. Can you please check? 

Thanks,

- Sai

@Sai1 I see updates coming through now. I'll check with all users. What was the cause?

Hello, 

Firstly, very sorry for the inconvenience caused. We are improving a feature and unfortunately this is the cause of a small caveat which was not addressed. This should be resolved for now and I'll make sure this doesn't happen in the future. 

Thanks,

- Sai 

This issue persists up to now.

@Sai1 We are also facing the same issue in all our apps. Can you please help?

Hello Sai, I am also facing the same issue! here is my IDs: 4167396, 5554625. 

Thanks!

We have a sudden issue experience as of this moment. It seems that AppSheet is having a problem accessing the database. The DB side was already checked but found no issues.

We do hope to resolve this issue soon.

@Sai1 I have been having an assortment of issues for the last 24 hours. First my Appsheet database disappeared, only the app itself was there. I reinstalled Windows on my desktop and it returned, perhaps coincidence? All was working fine until an hour or so ago, when I try to acsess the database, I get an error "An error occurred while checking the user's login state." I cannot find this in the errors listing to begin addressing what the issue is. My account# is 92982428. Thanks

@Dustman : Sorry to hear that. Can you please file a support ticket for these issues? I would definitely follow up with support. Thanks! 

This problem also occurred on my user (unfortunately the CFO lol) , please check: ID :3110646

This problem also occurred on my user , please check: ID :3110646

Hello, Sai, I have the same problem, could you please help me 

my UserID is: 525497217 

Can you please help me on my acct 6361676, I cannot get rid of this violation and my technician is in the field waiting on a fix

@Sai1 Can you please help here. We are facing the same issue since yesterday in most of our apps. There was no update made in the existing security filters or db from our end. This started happening all of a sudden.
We have 1000's of users in the field who are unable to work because of this. Please assist.

@YogeshLaddha : Can you please tell me your account ID? I can add you to the exclude list. Thanks! 

@Sai1 Thank you.
The Account ID is 789178

Please let me know once this is resolved.

@YogeshLaddha : It should be resolved now. Please verify. Thanks! 

@Sai1 Yes. It is resolved now. Thank you for your prompt response.

I want to check whether this is a permanent solution or we need take any update from our end in updating the security filters?
It would be great if we can understand why this happened.

Dear @Sai1 can you please help for the same, my account id is 4670639

@iamsaikiran : It should be resolved now. Please verify. Thanks! 

Adding to the exclude list should be the solution for now. We are improving this feature and there are caveats which need to be worked. I am actively working on getting them resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Thanks,

- Sai

Hi, we are also facing the same issue

Account ID: 2715154

See errorerror.jfif

Updated. Please let me know if you still see issues. Thanks! 

Hi Sai,

We are also facing the same issue, can you add our account to the exclude list please? Account ID is 3369244

Thanks

Matt

Done

Hi can you help us out?  We are also encountering this error in some of our users and we have hundreds of users. Can you exclude our apps from this?

@nathanbarcial : Can you please let me know your account ID? Thanks! 

Hi, I'm not the owner of the apps, but the app owner's id is this: 2595084

@nathanbarcial : Updated. All the apps under that account ID should be excluded now.

Thank you! Will ask our users to try out again.

Hello Appsheet Team, I have the same issue on one of my App.  Can you help me out?  The Account : 6068250 

Thanks a lot 

Best regards

Hi Appsheet Team, we are experiencing the same. Please exclude Account: 785648

Hi Appsheet team
We are also facing the same issue with mulitple apps that we host.
Please exclude account: 1002011330 

@Akshay_Sharma : Added the account to the exclude list quite some time back. Please let me know if you are still facing the issue. Thanks! 

Top Labels in this Space