Getting security filter violations suddenly

Hi all, 

All of a sudden my users are getting security filter violation errors when updating records. 

I'm using a login screen for current users to login (filtered into a current user slice as demonstrated by @MultiTech

I made no changes to my filters and my security filters have been working for the past year,

but suddenly now my users are unable to update their apps. Anyone else experiencing the same problem and found a fix? 

IMG-20221105-WA0009.jpg

@kgooch  @dbaum @WillowMobileSys 

2 75 3,251
75 REPLIES 75

@Jamal_Mh wrote:

Sai

Hello @Sai1 , I am also facing the same issue! here is my IDs: 4167396, 5554625. 

Thanks!

@Jamal_Mh : I have already added it when you posted it previously. Can you please tell me if you are still seeing the issue? 

Thanks! 

We are having same issues in our applications.

Hope to resolve this issue soon.

Refer to the image below.

DLPC_GISD_0-1674886833085.png

@Sai1  pls. help us on this issue.

@DLPC_GISD : I updated your account too. Please check now. Thanks! 

Thank you @Sai1  all is well.

Hi @Sai1 ,

Going by the thread,  a handful of people seem to be reporting the error. So, if possible, instead of an exclude list, you may want to consider an include list for just the test team ( basically only AppSheet team IDs who are testing that feature and any volunteers) and include all other IDs in the exclude list by default so that AppSheet creators do not have to report you their issues one by one and you may also not need to include IDs in the exclude list one by one.

Also, please evaluate if the below thread also associated with the same issue?

What dose this error message suggest? "A cycle is ... - Google Cloud Community

Hello, could you please add Appsheet Account 5680051. We are experiencing the same security filter violation issue and it is greatly impacting our business.

Thanks!

Can you please help me with this error? "Cannot add row" "Security Violation Detected" It only seems to happen to one of my users on their computer.

We are getting the same error: 

Unable to add row to table... - Security Filter Violation Detected

Account: 820406

App: DNRARAS-820406...

Hello, 

I added your ID to the list. Please let me know if you still see issues.

Thanks,

- Sai 

That solved the problem, thanks for your help.

We are getting the same error: 

Unable to add row to table... - Security Filter Violation Detected

Account: 3211808

Can you help me please

Can you add my account as well? Thank you. This has happened for a few days to at least one user, and I assumed it was something wrong on my end (I guess that may still be the case.)

ID: 1287329

@d_bahir I know you are dealing with a lot of these. Please add my account to the list as well. My crew keeps encountering this issue, and we are losing data and time. 

I appreciate you and the team.

Done.

We are getting the same "Unable to add row to table... - Security Filter Violation Detected" error on another app.

Account: 820406
App: OneCardReceiptTracking-820406

Has there been an update on this request?

Hello Michael, 

I already added that account ID. Please let us know if you still see issues. Thanks! 

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Possible workaround (I haven't tested): configure your security filter to accept all rows outside of the Server context. For instance, if your existing security filter is:

(USEREMAIL() = [Email])

Change it to:

OR(
  ("Server" <> CONTEXT("Host")),
  (USEREMAIL() = [Email])
)

Hello @Steve,

I have tested that, but I still see the issue.

Hello @Sai1 ,  My account: 1381143, please add it to the list.

Tks,

Hello @Steve and @Sai1  I have the same issue...

Please add my account to the list: 6204588

Thanks

Please @Dan_Bahir  let me know when it's done... 

Hello @Sai  and @Steve 

I am having the same issue too.

rodsouza06_0-1676551977034.png

Could you add my account to the list? 115406

Thanks!!

Tagging @Dan_Bahir  who will be taking over this feature. Thanks! 

@Dan_Bahir @Sai1 could you add ID: 2114248 apps to the exclusion list. This error is extremely disruptive to our field team.

@Dan_Bahir @Sai1 Can I get a follow up to this request? The faulty security violation function has made the app almost unusable for some of our users. We still get reports several times a week of users getting this error. Please add the apps associated with the ID: 2114248 to the exclusion list or rollback that functionality completely.

Excluded. 2114248. Sorry for the delay. I am current out of the office. It is better to contact support as they are staffed 24/7 and can handle this request.

unable to add row to table google appsheet security filter violation detected

Tagging @Dan_Bahir 

Hi ,

Can you please help me to solve this issue.

I had requested an exemption from this earlier in this thread. I am sure the team is swamped with these requests…

Account: 1287329

Hello @Sai1

Could you please help me 

Screenshot 2023-02-26 214432.jpg

Hi @Sai1 . We're seeing this same error on an app owned by 821347, and it's causing real problems for the company. Can you add all apps owned by 821347 to your exclusion list, please?

Thank you!

Done.

Hi everyone, 

This issue was raised in another thread. I've responded in that thread and I'm closing the loop with this one. Here's what I posted:

We’ve mostly “rolled back” this behavior change a couple of days ago. The vast majority of app creators should not need to worry about this any more. It’s not a complete rollback in that the engineering team is still working on this but will be taking a different approach. In addition, to avoid disrupting your business with future changes related to this work, we’ll keep the exclude list active. 

If app owners see this issue again (in the few cases where it might still happen), they should follow the current procedure to be added to the exclude list, but that should not happen often. 

Apologies for the disruption and thank you for your patience.

Top Labels in this Space