Getting the price of service from a different table : Please help!!

I have a table with the below columns:

1) Service ID
2) Service Name
3) Pet Type
4) Pet Size
5) Service Charge

The above table is named as "Service Details" which basically acts as a database for all the services offered.

Then there is a table by the name of Service Availed. Where I want the service charge to be auto populated based on the size of the pet, type of the pet.

What formula to be used?

Solved Solved
0 5 112
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your response.

any(select(Service Details[Service Charge],and([Service Name] = [_thisrow].[Service Name].[Service Name], [Pet Size] = [_thisrow].[Booking ID].[Pet Size]) ))

I tried the above formula. First I am trying to match the service name, then the pet size. But the result of the same is coming as blank/0.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

try :

If in your Service Availed table, you have columns where user select pet type & pet size then add a virtual column with this formula : 

any(select(Service Details[Service Charge],and([Pet Type] = [_thisrow].[Pet Type], [Pet Size] = [_thisrow].[Pet Size]) )

it will select the row value of [service charge] in Service details table that match the two criterias.

If it's not how your app is supposed to work, please explain further the app purpose's.

Hope it helps !

Thank you for your response.

any(select(Service Details[Service Charge],and([Service Name] = [_thisrow].[Service Name].[Service Name], [Pet Size] = [_thisrow].[Booking ID].[Pet Size]) ))

I tried the above formula. First I am trying to match the service name, then the pet size. But the result of the same is coming as blank/0.

I understood, your formula did work, Thank you.

However, wanted to know one thing. My database in the backend is like:

Aditya_K1999_0-1710994928627.png

Because of which in my front end also, in the dropdown for service name it is showing the a particular service 4 times. I want it to show only once..

Hi,

please use the reply button for better understanding. 

In your service name column, you can use unique(list) in your suggested values formula to select unique values.

For example : unique(yourtablename[Service name])

Did the formula I suggested worked ? If so you can mark it as solution

Have a nice day !

It is only taking service the service name. If i put service name in the formula its shows a yellow triangle but if I use service ID it works fine, but then it doesn't show unique value..

Top Labels in this Space