Go to a specific view after Bot execution

Hello,

I would like my app to go to a certain view when a Bot is done running. Is this possible? as "Go to another view within this app" action type is not one of the options for "Run a data action" in the Bot.

TIA for your help 🙂

Solved Solved
0 5 424
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Can't think if any obvious reasons why it wouldn't work.  So you'd need to have the action setup as one that runs every time a Day record is saved.  That action would be an "Execute a sequence..." action which firstly updates the parent record if all Day[Status]="Finish".  Then step two of the action would be to do either a LINKTOFORM(), LINKTOVIEW() or LINKTOROW() action.

Two things to bear in mind.  Build each part of the bot in stages, testing each stage.  With the LINKTOFORM(), LINKTOVIEW() or LINKTOROW() bit create this initially as a visble button so you can test it.

Also note that if you're using slices or views there maybe multiple Form views of the day record form view.  Keep an eye under the app preview to see which view you are currently in.

Simon, 1minManager.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hmmm not sure this is possible.  Cannot you not do the same process just with actions and not use a bot at all?

Actions are not working for what I need.

I have two tables, "Weeks" and "Days", both tables have a column named [Status].

When the user adds a record to Weeks (Parent) the Initial value of [Status] for that record is 'Open'.

Then, a group of actions add seven rows to the table Days (Childs); each row representing one day of the week. The initial value of [Status] for each day is 'Open'.

When the user changes the status of the day to 'Finish', the app checks whether all the other days (childs) from that 'Open' week (Parent) are marked as 'Finish' ; if the condition returns TRUE, then the Bot changes the parent [status] to 'Finish'.

For some reason, this is only working with a Bot. I have tried everything I can think of to get Actions to work, but so far nothing has worked. The Bot's only problem is that it can't get me to the view I want 😞

Do you have any idea of why it is not working with actions?

This is the expression Im using in the Bot's condition:

COUNT(
SELECT(
Days[ID],
AND(
[Week] = [_THISROW].[Week],
[user] = [_THISROW].[user],
NOT([Status] = "Finish")
)
)
) = 0

Can't think if any obvious reasons why it wouldn't work.  So you'd need to have the action setup as one that runs every time a Day record is saved.  That action would be an "Execute a sequence..." action which firstly updates the parent record if all Day[Status]="Finish".  Then step two of the action would be to do either a LINKTOFORM(), LINKTOVIEW() or LINKTOROW() action.

Two things to bear in mind.  Build each part of the bot in stages, testing each stage.  With the LINKTOFORM(), LINKTOVIEW() or LINKTOROW() bit create this initially as a visble button so you can test it.

Also note that if you're using slices or views there maybe multiple Form views of the day record form view.  Keep an eye under the app preview to see which view you are currently in.

Simon, 1minManager.com

Huh, two heads are better than one! I did not think to first update the parent, and that was the answer. Thanks a lot for your input! Action now works as expected 🙂

Antother good point here is that when dealing with a sequence of actions, going to another view must be the last item in the list.  Anything after LINKTOFORM(), LINKTOVIEW() or LINKTOROW() is ignored.

Top Labels in this Space