Go to another view within the app stopped working, LINKTOROW bug?

Hi all,

Super confused here, my basic action to navigate to a dashboard view based on the key column has stopped working, as can be seen in the GIF the navigation actions initially works but then switches to order 1 (top row of spreadsheet) after the action completes

Just wondering if this is a bug others are seeing or if i have gone and changed something, I have checked the key column and it is correct. I’m unsure how to debug this problem it has me baffled

Any suggestions would be great, thanks
Steve

3X_8_9_89700151833551fdb44eca8db59f037e88d0dd44.gif

Solved Solved
1 28 976
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It should work again. Would you please confirm, thanks.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

Are you sure the LINKTOROW() action of navigating to a dashboard was working before?

It sounds that you are navigating through the LINKROW() to a “Dashboard” view called “Order Control Panel” that is composed of several individual different views. So the [Order ID] used as a row identification may not apply to the entire dashboard as a key.

LINKTOROW() will definitely navigate to an individual row identifiable with a key column such as “Order Detail” view but I believe it may not navigate to a multiview dashboard view based on key of a single view within the dashboard.

I did a quick test in a test app and as discussed above the LINKTOROW() action reliably navigates to a detail view based on a single record but not to a dashboard having multiple views, even though the same detail view is present in the dashboard.

Hope this helps.

Hi thanks for responding, yes it was working for many months. FYI all the views within the dashboard view are detail view which is how i got it to work

I’m getting the same issue in 3 apps here also (UK-based. My users are all unable to work. Assume a change been applied and broken it? Exactly the same behaviour - a dashboard details view, and the correct record is initially displayed then the first record in the dataset is displayed. We’re using Google Cloud SQL as a data source. Been working fine for 12 months, until this morning - getting lots of support calls already and it’s 9am HELP!!!

Same problem for me. LINKTOROW function from a table to a detail dashboard with two views on the same product. It worked fine for 3 months until this morning.

Cricic

SAME PROBLEM!!!

Oh okay. Thank you @Steve_Chambers Then I believe you and all others may wish to contact AppSheet Support team.

Cricic

Did you ask to AppSheet Support Team?

I’ve tried to raise a fault but I’m not experienced with the process. Also, Aleksi says that he’ll raise it with the US team, but it’s urgent for me and I need it resolved asap.
If I hear anything I’ll let you know - assume it’s affecting you pretty badly too?

Hi Leighton, for us it is a critical problem that causes the main functions to not work, but the app owner is in a part of the world where they are closed for business now.

In the future just go into your appsheet account in the top right and click Contact Support

3X_9_4_945341db10ac8c5a6939402e6afe99935ab8da72.png

Thanks Steve - always great to have some community support

I am facing the same problem too .

Hi all. It sounds it’s probably coming from our release yesterday 09:30PM UTC+0. I’m going to escalate this to our devs in the US for debugging. Is this something urgent for you or can it wait few hours?

For me this can wait a few hours thats fine, the app owner is hoping it will be up and working over the next 12hrs, thanks Aleksi

Very urgent here - users are hopping-mad

It’s quiet urgent

Cricic

Steve your App is BEAUTIFUL !!!

I have requested to our devs to check the reason. We will inform when we know more about it.

Thanks Aleksi.

May I ask are you seeing this only with the Browser? How about with the Appsheet app/mobile?

I’m seeing this problem with the browser and appsheet app/mobile

Browser and Mobile

We are going to rollback the release from yesterday. I will inform when it’s completed. Sorry for the disruption this caused.

It should work again. Would you please confirm, thanks.

Yes!!!

Thanks

Working - happy users! Many thanks
3X_c_2_c244d0d88a2d896419bf478a3badaf7324c12add.gif

My apps are working now too… thanks!

Good to hear it’s working for everyone!

Top Labels in this Space