Godaddy Mysql connection

Hi,
I am trying to connect to mysql database using appsheet. I am not getting any headway and asking for help. Anyone was able to connect? I get the following error message. I also added all the ipaddresses and firewall ip and still same error message. HELP please!

Error

Failed to establish connection. Details: One or more SQL errors has been encountered: AppSheet does not have permission to connect to the database. Please add AppSheetโ€™s IP addresses from https://help.appsheet.com/performance-scale-reliability/managing-ip-addresses-and-firewall-informati... to the database firewall.

0 10 466
10 REPLIES 10

I messaged godaddy and they allowed it, they just put a % in the remote host. It is working now! Hooray!

That strikes me as a very bad idea.

Indeed. The solution to your problem is right there in the error.

If you follow that link youโ€™ll find a long list of IPs that AppSheet uses to connect to data sources; these need to be added to the white list for your SQL - all of them.

cab you be more specific, you mean this is a security risk?

Well Iโ€™m not sure exactly what this means:

Did they put in SOME of the IPs, but not all?

• Then youโ€™ll likely run into this problem again when an IP thatโ€™s not on the list is used.

A percent sign (%) is an SQL wildcard that matches anything, so โ€œtheyโ€ essentially allowed any remote host. Do you really want to accept any inbound connection from anywhere? The correct answer is no.

Absolutely not. Thanks for the information. Im a newby to this. Do you know how to add a shopping cart to the app? I have tables with information and prices and now just need to setup a checkout option. can you walk me through it if you know pls

Are you intending to integrate an online payment with the checkout as well? If so, which online payment gateway are you gonna/intented to use?

I am new to this, but thinking of google pay or paypal or both.

Then you will be clearly needing Google Apps Scripting support with webhook workflow as AppSheet does not support online payment gateway integration right at the moment.

Top Labels in this Space