Good morning from a given column How can I re...

Good morning from a given column How can I return the month written in full letters to another column?

Example

Column: Date 02/10/2018

Column: Month February

thank God bless you

0 8 352
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Francesco_Santoro Try MONTH([Date])

Sorry but it is normal that this formula ends like this 12? , true, “December”)

Hi @Francesco_Santoro , yes that is the format of the IFS () expression. I have tested it as well. I request you to try it. Please do revert in case you face any challenge.

Hi @Francesco_Santoro, I also request you to go through the note that was released when this function was introduced.

plus.google.com - IFS() function – new feature We just added the IFS() function for expressio…

Hope this helps. IFS() function – new feature We just added the IFS() function for expressio… plus.google.com

One way is the SWITCH expression…

=SWITCH(MONTH([Date]), 1,“January”, 2,“February”, 3,“March”, 4,“April”, 5,“May”, 6,“June”, 7,“July”, 8,“August”, 9,“September”, 10,“October”, 11,“November”, “December”)

hi @Aleksi_Alkio, SWITCH statement is much cleaner, compact expression.

Hi @Francesco_Santoro, To add to guidance given by @Lynn, in case you are looking for months by their names, you may wish to try the following expression,

=IFS( MONTH([Date])=1, “January”, MONTH([Date])=2, “February”,MONTH([Date])=3, “March”, MONTH([Date])=4, “April”,MONTH([Date])=5, “May”, MONTH([Date])=6, “June”,MONTH([Date])=7, “July”, MONTH([Date])=8, “August”,MONTH([Date])=9, “September”, MONTH([Date])=10, “October”,MONTH([Date])=11, “November”, true, “December”)

Hope this helps

Top Labels in this Space