Google APIs

Hello,
Iโ€™m assessing if I can transition our Onboarding app from App Maker to AppSheet. Our Onboarding app relies on the Google Directory API to create a new GSuite user and add to groups. In App Maker I can do that with a client function calling a server function and get a callback of the result.
The closest thing I find in AppSheet is the webhook action but it is described as a โ€œfire and forgetโ€ but if it just works I suppose this is good enough.
Am I on the right track with webhook calls? Has anyone worked out setting new users in GSuite using the Google Directory API or I guess any Google API?
Thanks

Solved Solved
0 3 264
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @LarryReaderBFL, after 3 months with AppSheet, I havenโ€™t been able to find the right method for any API used in App Maker being integrated with AppSheet. During the final โ€œApp Maker to AppSheet Transitionโ€ and one before that, Christian did some demo about Directory API. Iโ€™ve asked for the code to be shared but it seems still under development.
You might want to check the recording session: https://youtu.be/YOwdkPGa1y8?t=2339

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @LarryReaderBFL, after 3 months with AppSheet, I havenโ€™t been able to find the right method for any API used in App Maker being integrated with AppSheet. During the final โ€œApp Maker to AppSheet Transitionโ€ and one before that, Christian did some demo about Directory API. Iโ€™ve asked for the code to be shared but it seems still under development.
You might want to check the recording session: https://youtu.be/YOwdkPGa1y8?t=2339

Hey thanks a ton for that Heru. A second opinion saves me from thrashing around for hours on this for no reason. Until this situation changes I will look elsewhere for this use case. Seems like AppSheet should work with Google, assume that is in the works?
Best

I believed so. There are many basic integration to be done and it will just take time to do all of that, and if it is that simple, Google shouldโ€™ve just share the solution to us, now - which is not happening.

Please feel free to just drop in any discussion, as there are many other ex-App Maker here that might be able to share their finding path.

Top Labels in this Space