Google Admin Policy Regarding Third Party Apps Breaks Lots of Things in Appsheet!

Between yesterday and today our Google Account Administrator implemented some account setting of how our google accounts interact with third party apps.

Let me just say this... IT BREAKS A LOT OF THINGS! ... apparently because Appsheet still connects to certain things like a third party application.

Just to mention a couple: Table(datasource) connection to Google Sheets - results in data not being fetched (authorization error). Any document templates in Google Drive that are linked to automations also get an authorization error.

Luckily I came across this in a relatively short time frame and my Google Admin reversed the policy for now. However, apparently it is taking in excess of 30 minutes to recognize the reversal of the policy so pretty much all of my applications are currently suffering the consequences of this!

I am just putting this out there as a PSA to possibly be talking about this with your Google Admins if you have one as well as even Google specifically how Appsheet interfaces with google accounts in that regard. Sorry if this has been posted already by someone else.

2 3 222
3 REPLIES 3

Here is a screenshot of error encountered for a document template:

Markus_Malessa_0-1701800318557.png

And screenshot for authorization problem using Google Sheets as a datasource:

Markus_Malessa_1-1701800808173.png

Thought I would provide a couple more details on the issue:

1. Discovered via Looker Studio on a report that uses a datasource that is linked to a specific Appsheet application. Result was an authorization error that I could not resolve.
  2. I have started a ticket with Appsheet support to look into the issue. They requested an indication of which specific policy that we think caused this issue. I am currently working with my Google Admin to get the information, initial info was 'Google Workspace policy regarding third party apps'.

Thanks for this post.  I posted something that's related that you might find to be of interest:
Preparing for third-party cookie phase out
https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Preparing-for-third-party-cookie-phase-out/m-p/6...

Top Labels in this Space