Google Calendar issue. Wrong "Creator" data in the app

Dear Community, I really need your help here!

I’ve added a shared calendar as a data source to my app, however, all created events list my account email in “Creator” even though the event is created by a different user.

The interesting detail, when the users create events on the shared calendar using the native Google Calendar website, appsheet correctly pulls in their email into the “Creator” field when syncing. However it doesn’t work in the app, it keeps pulling my email. I can’t figure out what is the issue. Please advise!

0 4 194
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Steve

It won’t bring any difference.

It didn’t help to fix the issue. Any other ideas?

As far as I know, this is limitation of current AppSheet/Google Calendar integration where Google Calendar API should have been used.

To connect to Google calendar, App owner is using his/her own auth to access such a G Calendar and App user is accessing to Google calendar data as if they are app owner.

Having those in mind, even we pass the other users email value to event creator, we are not able to overwrite the app owners email address which is used to access to Google calendar using Google calendar API.

To change the value of event owner | organizer, probably other Google Calendar method is needed , but in that case, the receiver (app user who wish to be the name of event owner , creator) should be requested to accept or reject such.

Current Google calendar integration is limited for the use, so I personnely never use this integration unless the simple use case.

Top Labels in this Space