Google Maps not shown at all from Address column

I have several fields of type address, for example, inside a table Client and inside another table call Report. 
For the client, it works correctly, I can open Maps and the pin is correctly positioned.
While from the other table, when I click on the action button "location", there is no pin and Maps is zoomed in the middle of the ocean. 
Or sometime, it is open but nothing is shown, only a gray screen. 

Why?

PS. the adress, for testing the reason of this issue, is the same for the client and for the report

EDIT from my reply

It is a different dataset, but the value of the address it the same..
I mean: from the view client, no problems.. I can open maps wihtout any issue.. 
Then, I have another view, Report, in which I have a field address  (with the same value as the client - for test purpose-) ..

For this case, when I click on the action button the map view doesn't work.

Here the list:

Annotation 2022-09-13 145531.png

and then, when I click on the location button (PS it is not me that grayed out the map.. it is like this )

Annotation 2022-09-13 145807.png

0 6 181
6 REPLIES 6

So map view is working fine on one place with one dataset but not on another place with another dataset or is it that it's the same action you want to use but on different places? I mean, share screenshots or something please because AppSheet is a vast platform and only you know what you are doing 100%

@SkrOYC here more details:

It is a different dataset, but the value of the address it the same..
I mean: from the view client, no problems.. I can open maps wihtout any issue.. 
Then, I have another view, Report, in which I have a field address  (with the same value as the client - for test purpose-) ..

For this case, when I click on the action button the map view doesn't work.

Here the list:

Annotation 2022-09-13 145531.png

and then, when I click on the location button (PS it is not me that grayed out the map.. it is like this )

Annotation 2022-09-13 145807.png

I'm not sure but I think that takes time for Addresses to be "computed" by the AppSheet backend/GMaps so that the apps knows where the latlong of the address is. Again, I'm not sure, but that could be happening

Even if I wait for the rendering of GMaps, nothing happens.. ๐Ÿ˜ž

I don't mean "rendering".
I read somewhere that it could take time (days?) for the backend to understand where Addresses are. I'm not sure since addresses are so unreliable where I live that I always make use of LatLong

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please contact AppSheet Support for help with this.

Attn @Aleksi @Rob_Just

Top Labels in this Space