Google Play Mandatory Update

Hi,

I'm trying to release a new version of my app in Google Play because all apps must target SDK 32 or higher. I downloaded the new App Bundle file from AppSheet and I'm trying to create a new Production Release, however, when I try to proceed, I get the following error:

Error

You can't rollout this release because it doesn't allow any existing users to upgrade to the newly added app bundles.

Is there any suggestion on how I can fix this?

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 3 610
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Gil,

Thanks for the response. I was able to solve the issue. The issue was that my older release was version number 2, while the newest release was version number 1. So basically I had to request through the Branding App section, two more App Bundles until I got to version number 3. Below is an image of what I'm referring to. Not sure why the increment wasn't counted since the last time I generated the bundle (last year) rather than it got reset to 1. Maybe I missed one step 

andresjgc_0-1698948763557.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

PLease reach out to AppSheet Support for the best help with this issue.

Hi @andresjgc,

From the error message it sounds like you are trying to update a newer app bundle with an older app bundle. Try submitting a new branding request and upload the newly generated App Bundle.   

If you're still running into the same error, please. contact support and include screenshots from the playstore console. Make sure the screenshots includes details of the app bundle you are trying to upload and the existing one. 

Hi Gil,

Thanks for the response. I was able to solve the issue. The issue was that my older release was version number 2, while the newest release was version number 1. So basically I had to request through the Branding App section, two more App Bundles until I got to version number 3. Below is an image of what I'm referring to. Not sure why the increment wasn't counted since the last time I generated the bundle (last year) rather than it got reset to 1. Maybe I missed one step 

andresjgc_0-1698948763557.png

Top Labels in this Space