Google Sheets API link

Admin please delete if inappropriate. But I thought that someone might have the answer and it could be useful for other Appsheet Devs.

I’ve got 2 Appsheet Apps that need linking to 2 seperate systems by different APIs. My ‘backend’ in Appsheet is always Google Sheets. Previously I’ve used someone to create APIs for me in Javascript via Google Script. But he’s really busy most of the time now so I end up waiting weeks even just to get a quote.

It would be easier if I could do this myself. Since I’m guessing its just a matter of telling the script which columns to cross reference with the database at the other end. And wether is a read or write command. Mostly for mine its either all read or all write.

I’m already using Zapier when linking to well-known systems like Xero, Quickbooks, web forms, Gmail etc. But they only offer very limited solutions. In a current one I’m on with, a new row in Google Sheets creates an invoice in Xero. But I need two items on the invoice and Zapier’s link only allows one

So the question is, does something exist out there that can simplify this process? In short, that doesn’t need me to learn Google Scripting in its entirity. Presumably some drag-and-drop solution. But one which gives me scope to use all API functions that are available.

2 2 438
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Simon - we’ve been chatting about this in our group, but don’t have any great suggestions for you right now… Curious to hear if anyone else has ideas.

I know this was a while ago but I'm curious about the same functionality. I was thinking you could write an appscript that handles the oauth and post/get requests to the Quickbooks API. Is this possible? Ideally we want to retain the user initiated actions to create things like invoices or estimates or adding customers to Quickbooks.

Top Labels in this Space