Google Sheets Storage

Hello community.

First: I want to ask you what is the maximum number of rows that google sheets supports, if anyone knows this.

Second, if I use Google sheets as a database, what is the best strategy:

1. Have a book for each table with a sheet in each book.

2. Have a book with all the sheets of the tables in that same book.

Greetings, thank you for your answers.

libro.

Saludos, gracias por sus respuestas.

https://support.google.com/docs/thread/21582638/porque-tama%C3%B1o-maximo-5-000-000-cldas-error?hl=e....

I was seeing that the spreadsheets have a limit but the book has 5,000,000 cells (it doesn't matter if they are empty or full) with which I assume a priori, without really knowing if it is so or not, that the most appropriate strategy in storage search is to have a book for each table, where its sheets only have the rows and columns available according to the app.

Solved Solved
0 3 150
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Gustavo_Eduardo, the cell limit has been raised to 10.000.000 cells.

The answer to your second question depends on how many rows you expect your applications to accumulate, I don't think you would need 10 million cells for each table in your app haha, you could probably get away with having 95% of your app in a single file, and then having the heavy-lifting sheets separately in order to maximize the storage capacity.

But then again, if you're hitting those limits and your app isn't terribly optimized, it might become unusable and you'd be better off switching to SQL.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Gustavo_Eduardo, the cell limit has been raised to 10.000.000 cells.

The answer to your second question depends on how many rows you expect your applications to accumulate, I don't think you would need 10 million cells for each table in your app haha, you could probably get away with having 95% of your app in a single file, and then having the heavy-lifting sheets separately in order to maximize the storage capacity.

But then again, if you're hitting those limits and your app isn't terribly optimized, it might become unusable and you'd be better off switching to SQL.

@Rafael_ANEIC-PY My application has crossed the maximum limit of 10,000,000 cells , is there any other solution.

Hola rafael, como siempre muy acertado y gentil en tus respuestas.

Entendรญ perfectamente lo que me dices. Te agradezco mucho. Saludos

Top Labels in this Space