Google Workspace "Add-On" to drag and drop to create new AppSheet Form

Is this a thing? 

Begin able to drag an item from the GDoc, Gmail, GCal list to an Internal Workspace Add-On icon in the GUI panel to create a new Appsheet form.

I've been dreaming about this for some time, but I'm really just at the script kiddie skill level of copy, modify and extend someone else's code, even if it just really basic.

Help, thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Thanks

0 4 198
4 REPLIES 4

How would that even work? What exactly are you dragging and dropping?

I have a project & time tracking app, where items (emails, docs, files, etc.) are associated via the item's "Google ID" with a project or a person in my app.  This way I can see all associated project items.  I usually create the items from within my app and Google Scripts create the external files, gmail, contacts, etc.  I'd like an easy way to go from external items > Appsheet.  Drag & Drop being the easiest.

Ex. From the Gmail interface, an email could be dragged to the Appsheet icon and an AppSheet form (Data Row) would be created with variables To/From, Date, Subject, Message or whatever.

To me "creating a form" means building the form view in the UX section of the appsheet editor. But it sounds like you just mean to pre-populate the values into a data record? I certainly don't know of any such add-ons, and doubt there are any, but you could definitely write a Google App Script that would scrape your email and generate records in your table. Or even generate a URL to a form view in the app with pre-populated values.

Yes, Add a row to a Table., ideally I would like a generic form to popup for manual edits or notes

I already have several scripts that "scan" for changes in the Google services (Contact, Calendar & Tasks) to sync the data back to AppSheet, but I don't want to scrap all data.  I'm looking for a means to manual select a Google item and push the data into Appsheet.

Thanks  

Top Labels in this Space